The 'Dimensional Measurement - Certified Calibration Laboratory Engineer' e-learning course introduces dimensional metrology, improves measurement behaviors and supports good measurement practice. In addition, it explores the relevance of Dimensional Measurement to all stages of the engineering process.
Select one of our Dimensional Metrology Courses, and Improve Quality Assurance & Quality Control through Good Measurement Practice
The aim of introducing this Certified Calibration Laboratory Engineer online course on dimensional measurement is to improve manufacturing and testing processes, reducing products' variation, and enabling early identification of defects.
The Dimensional Measurement - Certified Calibration Laboratory Engineer online training comprises four sections:
There are total seven lecture sessions in this course. The lectures are provided as ppt presentation with explanatory audio to understand the subject.
- Session 1 : What is calibration?
- Session 2 : Uncertainty of Measurement.
- Session 3 : Calibration Method and Records for Caliper.
- Session 4 : Calibration Method and Records for Height Gauge.
- Session 5 : Calibration Method and Records for External Micrometer.
- Session 6 : Calibration Method and Records for Plain Plug Gauge.
- Session 7 : Calibration Method and Records for Dial Indicator
For all the above seven topics, the handouts in more than 75 pages is given in pdf format. The participant of this Dimensional Measurement training course can download and save the handout in their computer and print it or read it offline to get detailed knowledge of all the seven topics given above.
In this course, total seven session exams and one final exam is given. After passing all the exams, the participants can download and print their training certificate
- Video Presentation
A complete video demonstration of actual calibration is provided under this section. Calibration engineer can view and learn how to perform calibration and maintain the quality of instrument calibration process.
After completion of this Certified Calibration Laboratory Engineer - Dimensional Metrology E-learning course, you will be able to:
- Basic knowledge of calibration such as requirements of calibration, why do we need calibration, equipment selection, types of equipments, metrological traceability, selection of calibration agency etc.
- Understand requirement of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 requirements for measurement uncertainty.
- Understand theory of uncertainty of measurement, selection of uncertainty measurement factors, and calculation of measurement uncertainty.
- Understand the relevance of instrument measurement, including the use of instrument.
- Understand technical requirements and calibration method for relevant instruments.
- Preparation of calibration certificates and work sheet.
Who should attend this course?
This e-learning course is designed for:
- Professionals and management in measurement or related roles
- Metrology managers
- Quality managers
- Quality engineers
- Calibration engineers
- Manufacturing engineers
- Co-ordinate measurement users and programmers
- Professionals working in inspection departments
- Students, apprentices and graduate engineers
- Wider audience (with interest in dimensional measurement)
AUTHORS & INSTRUCTORS
For details of the authors, trainers and instructors experience and background, please visit our trainers page. They have very rich experience on the subject.
This e-Learning course is provided with study materials and you can read it after your log in or download (PDF format). Use the study materials to reinforce key points and to keep a reminder of what you already learned as well as you can save it in your computer for future reference. The access of this study material is removed after exam is cleared and on line certificate is prepared for the student.
EXAMINATION AND COURSE CERTIFICATE
This training program includes the Course Certificate that is issued upon course completion and passing the session exam as well as final exam given in the course with minimum 60% marks. The option to reappear in the exam is also given to student to get this course certificate
END OF COURSE INSTRUCTION
After completing the session and passing each session examination the student can appear for final exam. Once the final exam is cleared then it is considered a end of course. The training certificate is ready on our LMS and student can print it or save the training certificate. It is also available for verification by entering the name and certificate number.